Chris T
2014-05-02T11:27:42Z
We used to be able to go back and "edit" an expense tracker line item after having entered it originally into the system. Obviously, only the line items that we entered not those of other members. I have run a reconciliation report from 1/1/14 to 3/31/14 and noticed a couple of line items that need editing.

1. How can edit those line items?
2. Is there a way to assign value of an expense based on a % of the cost?
3. I don't seem to be able to review line items accept in "report" mode...which is fine as long as I can edit them...at least the ones I originally entered.

Thank you,
Sponsor
To respond or post you need to Sign In or Sign Up by clicking the appropriate link on the upper right side of the page.
John D
2014-05-02T11:28:49Z
Hi Chris - If you go to the expense tracker, you'll see two date drop downs toward the bottom right side of the screen. If you select the month the expense you want to edit occurred in, you should see that expense in the list. There are two icons on the right side of each expense that allow you to edit or delete it.

I'll try to come up with another way to get at those drop downs that makes it a little more intuitive but that should allow you to edit the expenses you need to edit. Let me know if I've missed the problem here.

Also, in looking at your account I noticed your question about how to add more pics to your boat - we just fixed this as well. There is a long row of icons to the right of your boat after you initially log in for doing various things - the last icon on the right is a link to the pic section which will allow you to upload or delete pics.

Let me know if any of that doesn't make sense and if you need anything else.
Chris T
2014-06-03T14:29:27Z
Thanks for getting back to me on this.

How is the website working out...are you guys getting enough business to keep it going?

Chris
John D
2014-06-03T14:30:26Z
Hi Chris

We originally created the site just to deal with our own partnership but never really planned to get rich with it - just wanted a nice simple way to schedule and manage our own boat. The mentality makes it easy for us to throw development time at it when we (or you guys) want something without having to worry about how that time is going to turn into revenue.

The site also piggybacks on some other stuff we do which makes it very inexpensive to run - so we're in it for the long haul for sure.

Let me know if you need anything else.

Best,

John Davis
Chris T
2014-06-03T14:31:40Z
John,

Good for you guys...that’s how many a successful business has been started, a personal passion/need that translates to the public. You have done a nice job with it and I wish you all the best. What else do you guys do?

I’m not sure if I mentioned this before but “ideally” there might be a way to assign a particular level of fiscal responsibility to an individual expense based on a % of the total and/or straight dollar value. In other words...one partner agrees to go in for say $100 or 25% of a $400 purchase, so to speak. Not critical just a “nice to have”.

Thanks,

Chris
John D
2014-06-03T14:32:37Z
Hi Chris - just wanted to follow up on this - looks like it is doable. We have several large changes coming on in the next couple of weeks having to do with the scheduler and custom time slots which are keeping our developers hopping though. I'll put this on the dev list for later this month when things calm down a little bit.

Thanks.

John Davis