Mike  M
2013-08-02T12:14:29Z
Is the ability to book a free slot within the 24hr exemption period working. I have just booked a slot and its come out of my allocated times.
Sponsor
To respond or post you need to Sign In or Sign Up by clicking the appropriate link on the upper right side of the page.
John D
2013-08-02T12:24:48Z
If a slot is booked by someone and then cancelled, it still counts as a normal booking if the same slot is rebooked by the same person even if it is within the 24 hour exemption period.

The idea here is to prevent people from gaming the system by cancelling a booked slot just before they go out and than rebooking it within the 24 free booking period.

Looking at the history, it appears that is what happened in your case - your reservation for 8/3/13 at 9am was cancelled and rebooked - so even though you were in the 24 hour period, it still counted against your time.
Mike  M
2013-08-02T12:53:59Z
Does this apply to all bookings

If a slot is booked by someone and then cancelled, it still counts as a normal booking if the same slot is rebooked by the same person even if it is within the 24 hour exemption period.

So if I plan to use the boat in September but cancel that booking in August it still counts against my allocation?
John D
2013-08-02T12:54:51Z
Currently, that is the case - it doesn't matter how long in advance you cancel, if you rebook the same slot again, it will count against your time.

I see your point though - let me look into putting a time limit on it so that if it's cancelled the month before it wouldn't count against your time.

I'll get back to you on this once we have a solution.