AUSTIN, Texas – May 30, 2011 – A new Austin-based company today announced a new Web-based service that allows boaters to manage their boat usage, expenses, and maintenance needs more effectively.
While there are more than 70 million Americans enjoying boating and approximately 13 million registered recreational vessels in the United States, on average a boat is only used a total of 14 days per year. Boat owners are looking for ways to maximize their investment but are hesitant to share the costs of their boat with anyone do so do to the inherent challenges that come with sharing such as legal agreements, scheduling, service and boat maintenance, managing boat ownership costs, and –most importantly – finding qualified individuals with which to share the boat.
“Nautical Monkey is designed to take the frustration out of boat sharing and streamlines the process for individuals who are interested in sharing but just do not know where to begin.”, says John Davis, CEO/Co-Founder, "Over the last few years, personally participating in a boating partnership and seeing these challenges first hand, it was clear a solution was needed. And most importantly boat sharing offers affordability, convenience, and flexibility that sole ownership simply can’t match in today’s economy."
How Nautical Monkey Works
- Nautical Monkey’s online calendar gives boaters instant access to all activities and reservations, notification of cancellations and changes (through email or text message), as well detailed information about local events.
- With a few clicks on a smart phone, members can instantly update trip information such as engine hours and fuel usage as well as submit maintenance and service requests (even while still on the water).
- Nautical Monkey also allows boaters share their adventures, report on where the fish are biting or upload photos from a recent boat party – directly from a Web-enabled phone.
- An online service log allows boaters to record regular maintenance for easy reference and even notifies them when maintenance is overdue.
- With an easy to use expense tracker, boaters can stop worrying about the cost of boat ownership and enjoy the benefits.
“I tested out Nautical Monkey by creating a free profile and adding my boat,” said Tim Taylor, who is a frequented boater in Austin’s Lake Travis. “After experimenting with the scheduling, bill and management tools, I was hooked. This is a great way to meet potential partners and an easy way to get contracts and insurance plans in place.”
Once users are completely comfortable with the system and ready to become a part of a boating partnership with others, the cost of the service is just $9.95 per month.
“Get into Boating™” now at www.nauticalmonkey.com.
About Nautical Monkey
Nautical Monkey is the premiere scheduling, billing and management tool for boat owners and their partners on the Web. Headquartered in Austin, Texas, Nautical Monkey is a division of Clear Blue Logic, Inc. For more information, visit www.nauticalmonkey.com.